Medical Laboratory Assistant - Fixed Term Until Dec 2021
- Normandy, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR €5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Please note that this is a Fixed Term Contract until December 2021.
Working hours are 4 days on and 4 days off , 9am-7pm/
Please be advised you must be available for an immediate start.
- Processing high volumes of incoming samples.
- Unpacking, organising and scanning samples, accurately recording into our in-house systems.
- Maintaining stock and lab consumables in the laboratory.
- Ensure all waste is adequately treated and disposed of as per SOP and that all waste is removed as required to the waste facilities.
- General laboratory housekeeping such as ensuring areas of work are clean and tidy.
- A minimum of 6 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and Maths and at least one science subject.
- High level of organisation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and time restraints.
- Well-developed interpersonal and team working abilities.
- An ability to communicate technical information accurately in a variety of forms and with a wide range of staff.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.