(Senior) Data Centre Operations Engineer - Citrix (m/f/d)
- Hamburg, Germany
MORE THAN A JOB -
COME TO THE LABS OF EXCELLENCE!
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 4,56 billion Euros turnover, 800 laboratories across 50 countries and more than 47.000 staff.
- Operate and install enterprise level Citrix infrastructure to deliver services to global initiatives and local business units in collaboration with project and support teams;
- Identify opportunities to innovate, extend and enhance service delivery everywhere possible;
- ITIL approach to resolve technical problems. Troubleshoot occurring issues, investigating root causes and supporting resolution of the issues found;
- Serves as escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems;
- Perform daily system health checks, verifying the integrity and availability of all involved infrastructure elements, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of scheduled jobs. Ensure that the performance, scalability, and security is maintained and optimized;
- Carry out routine configuration/installation and reconfiguration of hardware and third party software utilities for managed systems remain within company operational policies;
- Deliver quality documentation allowing for smooth day-to-day operations;
- Improve existing processes through sustainable solutions to recurring problems and enhancements to existing solutions or documentation by automation;
- Contact to vendor technical support for Priority 1 incidents;
- Cooperate closely with the rest of Eurofins IT and business, Architecture and Security teams.
- 5+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure and Operations in a highly Microsoft oriented environment (e.g. Windows 2008R2 to 2016, Clustering, DNS, AD, etc.), Linux optional, including operating in an ITIL based ticketing system and by monitoring triggered events
- Extensive experience in Citrix
- Notable experience in virtualized environments with VMware
- Excellent communication with technical leaders, English spoken and written (B2 or above)
- Systems Thinking - the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking)
- Detail oriented, Team Player, Able to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to travel on a limited basis
- We offer you an exciting position in a successful international company with excellent growth and development opportunities. Please submit your application (salary expectations and availability) including your references and certificates with the button "Jetzt bewerben".
We are looking forward receiving your application!