Laboratory Operation Assistant (1 year contract)
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 47 countries, employing about 45.000 staff.
You are responsible for the laboratory operation activities in kit receiving, kit accessioning and specimen management. The Laboratory Operation Assistant has further responsibilities as described hereto.
- Be familiar and compliant with the Standard Operation Procedures (SOP)
- Receive and open the diagnostic kit upon arrival
- Perform accessioning by entering the relevant information on the specimen and requisition form into the LIMS
- Perform quality check on both specimen and requisition form
- Notify/clarify with Project Management on any potential defects/deficiency and follow up with corrective action
- Label the specimen with proper bar code label for positive identification of specimen
- Proper storage of post analysis samples
- Receive, storage and proper tracking of frozen samples
- Perform specimen management functionality
- Prepare outbound shipments as required
- Liaise with couriers for the timely delivery of shipments
- Timely reporting of any problems or issues to Laboratory Manager or Senior Lab Ops Assistant
- Any duties assigned by the Laboratory Manager or Senior Lab Ops Assistant
- Must hold a Diploma in Biomedical Science or equivalent from a recognised education institution
- Preferably have experience in sample management
- Must possess good organisation skill
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skill
- Must possess efficient communication skill
- Must possess good attention to details
What we offer: As an employer, we’re keen to look after our people with as much dedication as they look after our patients. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, excellent training and exceptional career prospects. We’re a growing and ambitious company, so there is huge potential here to develop with us and enjoy fantastic rewards in your career.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.