Application Specialist, Clinical Diagnostics Asia
- Employees can work remotely
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated 5.4 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 50 countries, employing about 50.000 staff.
SUMMARY OF POSITION AND OBJECTIVES:
Eurofins Technologies is an international business line (IBL) within the Eurofins Group which is developing, manufacturing and marketing technologies and other supplies in the field of bioanalytical testing. The business focusses predominantly on food safety technologies and clinical diagnostics based on PCR, ELISA and LFD platforms. The Application Specialist supports the sales team with onsite instrument installation and support at the customer and provides technical test kit validation studies in the laboratory.
POSITION & OBJECTIVES:
1. Development of Applications
The position holder will independently develop new product applications according to customer requests. Also, he/she will drive the development of new applications for the company’s robotic ELISA automation platform. His/her ability of logical thinking and hands-on mentality in the laboratory will drive the development of technical solutions for the end-user.
2. Automation Instrument Support
The Application Specialist will lead the technical support activities for Eurofins’ automation platforms, which includes instrument installation, maintenance, servicing and troubleshooting activities related to ELISA automation onsite at the customer’s facilities.
3. Test Kit Validations
The position holder is expected to independently create test kit evaluation protocols and perform performance evaluation studies for PCR, ELISA, and LFD test kits. He/she will use his/her technical know-how in diagnostics to demonstrate the performance of test kits in detailed reports to the sales and marketing teams. The Application Specialist’s technical knowledge and understanding is a key requirement.
4. Technical Trainings
The Application Specialist will be required to perform technical trainings to customers and sales team members. Also, he/she will be required to support technical workshops and webinars in the Asia region.
5. Ad-hoc Duties
Occasionally the Application Specialist will be required to support the sales team with ad-hoc duties as required.
· 3 to 5 years’ experience in a regional application support related role in the diagnostic testing business
· Has experience in working with analytical instruments, PCR, ELISA and LFD test kit technology
· Is confident to present analytical solutions in front of customers
· Takes the initiative to independently develop solutions for the customer
· Has analytical skills to investigate and troubleshoot customer’s requests
· Is comfortable to handle and service robotic instruments
· Responsive, problem-solving and action-oriented mindset;
· Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail; excellent interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills;
Eurofins has a culture of high professional standards, with strong processes, and an eye for details. Candidates will need to be fully aligned with this culture, which implies a structured and analytical approach, pragmatism, and modesty.
EVOLUTION: (for publication on Eurofins website and career portals)
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographic mobility).
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a regional application support related role in the diagnostic testing business
- Has experience in working with analytical instruments, PCR, ELISA and LFD test kit technology
- Is confident to present analytical solutions in front of customers
- Takes the initiative to independently develop solutions for the customer
- Has analytical skills to investigate and troubleshoot customer’s requests
- Is comfortable to handle and service robotic instruments
- Up to 50% travel within Asia required
- Responsive, problem-solving and action-oriented mindset;
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail; excellent interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills;
What we offer: As an employer, we are keen to look after our people with as much dedication as they look after our patients. That's why we offer competitive salaries, excellent training and exceptional career prospects. We are a growing and ambitious company, so there is huge potential here to develop with us and enjoy fantastic rewards in your career.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.