Regional Sales Manager, Clinical Diagnostics Asia
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 47 countries, employing about 45.000 staff.
SUMMARY OF POSITION AND OBJECTIVES:
Eurofins Technologies is an international business line (IBL) within the Eurofins Group which is developing, manufacturing and marketing technologies and other supplies in the field of bioanalytical testing. The position will focus on building a multi-million EUR business, with a focus on distribution in Asia of Eurofins Technologies clinical diagnostics test kit portfolio (incl. SARS-CoV-2 test kits and other infectious diseases, etc) to government institutions and B2B customers in Asia (research institutes, government laboratories, routine laboratories, hospitals, clinics, medical centers, etc)
POSITION & OBJECTIVES:
- Support test kit registrations in key markets through own network with government institutes and via distributors
- Build a growth strategy for clinical diagnostics test kits in Asia. Based on market development, competitive moves and innovative thinking, identify, map and prioritise potential customers and sales opportunities in Asia. This will include the development of a SARS-CoV-2 test kit market for Eurofins Technologies.
- Develop a portfolio of prospects; Convert high priority clients into sales; Initiate, develop and grow relationship with key accounts and government key opinion leaders in Asia
- Actively seek participation in tenders and hospital laboratory outsourcing opportunities
- As the business grows, build a team; Hire sales executives and support team when required.
- Build Eurofins Technologies Clinical Diagnostics brand in Asia; Deliver high quality presentations and maintain ongoing customer communication regarding our capabilities; develop strategic marketing plans and marketing materials; Organise and/or participate in conferences for Key Opinion Leaders, Doctors and other medical staff;
- Organise test kit logistics between Eurofins Technologies production locations and client premises and strive to reduce lead time as much as you can to exceed customer’s expectations
- Disseminate and report information regarding developments in the marketplace and competitive information; Monitor competitor activity and competitors' products;
- Once possible again, maintain effective communication with the trade through regular field travel, convention attendance, customer visits and third party influence contacts. Keep abreast of trade developments.
- Manage your sales budget and cost of your department; develop and deliver an ambition plan
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographic mobility).
- Strong understanding of the Asian clinical testing market (e.g. through an experience in the routine/specialty pathology market, or as an IVD sales manager, or as a distributor);
- 5 to 10 years experience in a regional sales related role in the Clinical Diagnostics test kit business
- Good contacts within the clinical diagnostics laboratory sector (private and government), hospitals, clinics, medical centers and specialty physicians;
- Good network within research institutes as collaboration partners for clinical test kit studies
- Set up and/or significant growth of a distribution business in the healthcare sector
- Managed a multi-country distribution business in Asia
- Technical understanding of PCR, ELISA and LFD test kit technology
- Entrepreneur; Ability to work independently locally, and as part of a team globally, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude;
- Responsive, problem solving and action oriented mindset;
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail; excellent interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills;
What we offer: As an employer, we’re keen to look after our people with as much dedication as they look after our patients. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, excellent training and exceptional career prospects. We’re a growing and ambitious company, so there is huge potential here to develop with us and enjoy fantastic rewards in your career.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Eurofins Technologies is an Equal Opportunities Company.