Medical Lab Assistant (Days) - FTC Until Dec 2022
- Guildford, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Please note working hours are Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm. This role is based in our Next Generation Sequencing Team.
This is a Fixed Term Contract ending 31st December 2022.
The candidate will assist in the preparation of SARS CoV2 samples for sequencing in a newly set up NGS lab. This will involve sample processing, handling robots, setting up PCR reactions, library preparation for next generation sequencing and other molecular biology operations. The lab is also working on other projects in parallel so there is scope beyond SARS CoV2.
- Receipt and handling of SARS CoV2 samples, ensure that samples are labelled accurately
- Perform downstream processing of clinical samples
- Ensure that all work is done in compliance with ISO 15189 requirements
- Follow standard operating procedure (SOPs) and instructions
- Operate liquid handling robots, PCR thermal cyclers and NGS machines
- Qualified to degree level in biosciences or related field.
- Understanding of general molecular biology techniques (including PCR, RNA/DNA extraction, quantification).
- Experience working in Molecular biology lab.
- Knowledge of genetics and genomics.
- Experience in MS Office, Excel and word.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques including PCR, bead clean up, RNA/DNA extraction and quantification.
- Ability to follow SOPs and instructions.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience of working with a range of biological samples.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Committed to customer care.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful