IT Cloud Engineer
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated 5.4 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 50 countries, employing about 50.000 staff.
ROLE & OBJECTIVES:
The main responsibilities of a Cloud Engineer:
• Support the creation of a cloud environment together with the existing Cloud Architecture & Global Services Teams;
• Assist to deploy and configure the solution;
• Provide daily support & service for the cloud infrastructure on which the ECL applications will be hosted;
• Deliver continuous improvement & maintenance of the cloud environment;
• Create an automation framework and tooling for use in the cloud environment;
• Create and update the cloud environment documentation;
• Collaborate closely with the Security Operations Center (SOC) Development and Administration and SOC Endpoint Protection teams regarding the management / support of the cloud platform and ECL Applications.
• Support the team in day to day activities;
• Collaborate with the Enterprise Architecture Office (EAO) Teams with other ongoing ECL segregation initiatives.
• Experience in the design of cloud-based environments;
• Public cloud platform expert knowledge, especially Azure;
• Background of a Linux/Windows system administrator or backend developer;
• Understanding of Next Gen Data Centre Networks (Cisco ACI);
• Have an understanding of on-premises technologies (e.g. VMware);
• Configuration management systems (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, vRA or similar) and container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Mesosphere, Docker Swarm);
• Understanding of CI/CD environments;
• Understanding of security, network, virtualization, load balancing, storage and database (on premise and in the cloud);
• Solid understanding of how to secure cloud services and data;
• All in all, have a solid engineering/technical background/hands-on experience with
conceptualizing, strategizing and architecting cloud solutions;
• Experience in the cloud incident detection and handling;
• Experience in designing and executing cloud related processes;
• Experience in designing and executing cloud related programs;
• Relevant Cloud Certifications such as MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure.
Minimum of 3 years of professional consulting or enterprise experience as a Cloud Support
Ability and/or Skills:Â Creative out of the box thinking in finding solution. Importantly able to work independently Â
Developed problem solving skills, knows when to consult with supervisor on major issues/problems, demonstrated knowledge and skills in designated areas, ability to handle multiple priorities, ability to function in an environment of constant change, strong organization skills and attention to detail, willingness to work overtime, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work under medium to high stress levels.