Power BI Reporting Developer
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated 5.4 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 50 countries, employing about 50.000 staff.
As a Power BI Reporting Developer you will work closely across different parts of IT, process and internal systems. You will be responsible in providing technical expertise on automation projects which includes crafting and maintaining automation frameworks. Develop solutions with best practices and Dev Ops mind set from architectural design to orchestrating every technical stack in the system design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary area will be in producing analytics reports/dashboard based on heterogonous datasets and sources
- Design and develop dashboard/Reporting which is oriented in a self-service model and data analytics using Power BI Service
- Identifying measurement strategy using data analytics that would enable business/management to a goal
- Automating data pipelines (Scripting/API/SQL integration) using various extraction method(PS/Python/C#)
- Able to convert business requirements, to visual representation
Basic Minimum Qualifications (BMQ):
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
- 5-7 Years of Data analytics or software development experience
- Experience in building dashboards using Power BI
- Excellent proficiency in NoSQL/SQL environments
- Excellent scripting knowledge using Python/PS for ETL (Scripting Master)
- Experience in designing and implementing scalable solutions in the analytics space
- Experience in DAX query, SSAS, SSIS and SSRS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine learning or related field required, postgrad will be a plus
- 5-7 years of prior experience working in development/analytics
Ability and/or Skills:
Creative out of the box thinking in finding solution. Importantly able to work independently
Developed problem solving skills, ability to work independently with limited supervision and no more than general directions, knows when to consult with supervisor on major issues/problems, demonstrated knowledge and skills in designated areas, ability to handle multiple priorities, ability to function in an environment of constant change, strong organization skills and attention to detail, willingness to work overtime, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work under medium to high stress levels.
Ability and/or Skills:Â Creative out of the box thinking in finding solution. Importantly able to work independently Â
Developed problem solving skills, knows when to consult with supervisor on major issues/problems, demonstrated knowledge and skills in designated areas, ability to handle multiple priorities, ability to function in an environment of constant change, strong organization skills and attention to detail, willingness to work overtime, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work under medium to high stress levels.