HPLC Method Development Scientist
- Lake Forest, IL, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
This position will be responsible for performing the functions as an individual scientist relating to laboratory activities that include HPLC/UPLC compatibility studies, method transfer, method remediation and method development. This individual will also prepare and review technical documents, including validation protocols/ reports and test procedures. Additionally, he/she will also independently perform all technical assignments, and is able to troubleshoot analytical instrumentation.
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Proficiency in HPLC/UPLC testing, method development and validation
- Experience in supporting developmental batch testing, as well as other studies to support regulatory submissions.
- Knowledge and experience performing experiments in accordance with cGMP regulations, established business processes and protocols, and applicable SOPs.
- Experience in cGMP document of all laboratory work.
- Experience in conducting technical data review, and present data interpretation and conclusions to customers for making informed decisions.
- Experience preparing and reviewing technical documents, including validation protocols and reports, analytical test procedures, investigation reports, and change controls.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal are required.
The applicant must have a BS in chemistry, analytical chemistry or related field with 5 – 10 years of pharmaceutical industry experience, MS in chemistry/analytical chemistry or related field and 2 – 5 years of pharmaceutical industry experience or PhD degree in chemistry/analytical chemistry or related field is preferred.
- Experience with HPLC/UPLC testing and method development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Independent, accountable, attention to detail, ability to effectively balance multiple projects, and strong interpersonal/communication skills are required.
- Must be highly motivated and self-directed
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills and works well with personnel at all levels.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- Additional information
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lake Forest, IL are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.