- New Orleans, LA, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Perform laboratory analysis on food, feed, and food ingredients, including sample preparation, DNA extraction, PCR, and/or ELISA assays
- Complete all lab assignments in a timely and accurate manner to support quality and customer commitments
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and other Work Procedures correctly
- Maintain a safe and clean laboratory work environment
- Keep accurate and timely records of work performed on a daily basis or as needed for quality control
- Perform QA/QC duties and maintain respective records, as assigned by the Laboratory or Quality Manager
- Identify method / matrix / analytical difficulties and report these to a supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Familiarity with molecular biological techniques such as DNA extraction and PCR, ELISA
- Basic computer literacy (Microsoft Excel and Office suite, data entry, electronic record-keeping)
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Responsive problem solver and action oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or a related field
- 0-5 years laboratory experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of New Orleans, LA are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.