Bioassay Scientist II
- Summit, NJ, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
Â In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR â‚¬ 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Experience executing bioassays (cell culture related assays) and binding assays in a regulated environment
- Proficiency in diverse analytical techniques is required along with basic biochemistry laboratory techniques
- Computer competency is essential with emphasis on spreadsheet-based software.
- The ability to adhere to strict guidelines when applicable is required.
- Ability to document and review data as per established company guidelines and SOPs
- Expected to be able to work as a team player and take initiatives on lab management/maintenance tasks
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Biology (Molecular or Cell Biology), Biochemistry or other related degree concentration
- Minimum 1 year of bioanalytical experience
- Large molecule experience
- Experience with Cell Passaging and Cell Maintenance, especially Mammalian Cells
- Experience executing Cell-Based Assays and Binding Assays
- Method development, optimization, or validation experience a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office specifically Excel and Word
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Summit, NJ are encouraged to apply.
What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.