Molecular Biologist Associate - Automation
- San Diego, CA, USA
Consider joining Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 50 years of service, Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories PSS is searching for a Molecular Biologist Associate to work with Automation/High-Throughput technologies in San Diego, CA.
- Execution of high throughput molecular biology procedures and protein assays to support on-going biotherapeutic discovery projects
- Execute custom cloning projects using state of the art molecular biology cloning techniques
- Work collaboratively with project teams on-site to achieve critical research objectives and timelines
- Interact productively with other departments, such as antibody discovery, protein engineering and purification groups
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, work planning, data analysis and record keeping skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting are essential
- Experience in basic molecular biology techniques including PCR, restriction enzyme and recombination-based cloning, capillary electrophoresis, DNA sequencing analysis tools
- Experience in the operation and scripting of high throughput liquid handlers (Biomeks, Tecan, or Hamilton)
- Candidates should have a B.S. in Biological sciences (Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Immunology, Biochemistry, or similar field)
- 1-5 years relevant laboratory experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States
What we offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Position is full-time, 8am - 5pm with ocassional overtime required. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of San Diego, California are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Lab PSS employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.eurofins.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.