Managing Director (m/f/d) Sensory and Consumer Research Germany
- Munich, Germany
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
SAM Sensory and Marketing International
Sound, sight, smell, taste and feel of success ...
SAM is the leading international sensory and consumer research provider for product performance and design.
SAM expertise includes product, packaging, and brand research. Since 1987, SAM has been helping companies around the world understand their consumers decision making process and the fundamentals of their consumers preferences, increasing the success rate of innovations, launches and re-launches worldwide.
We operate 16 proprietary state-of-the-art facilities across France, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Italy, Morocco, China and USA.
Working across the food & beverage, cosmetics, homecare, OTC-pharma and durables industries; SAM helps R&D and Marketing teams to uncover how consumers value their existing and future products, brands, and packaging. Using sensory and consumer sciences and the most advanced research techniques, SAM identifies opportunities to increase competitive edge through the enhancement of product performance and positioning strategy.
With more than 30 years’ experience and a highly motivated team, we want to achieve more. We are looking for a Managing Director with experience in the areas of project acquisition, customer service, consulting, personnel management, and administration. You will join the team at the Munich-based German headquarters and help drive forward the team and the company.
- Managing Director for Germany.
- Personnel responsibility for a team of about 20-25 employees in two different cities.
- Financial responsibilities: Budget preparation and P&L responsibility for the German market.
- New and existing client business development.
- Domestic and international sensory and consumer research project related support and consulting.
- Supporting and developing innovative sensory and consumer research solutions for our clients.
- Hands on support on statistics, analysis, and interpretation of results, visualizing and client report presentation.
- Top-performing senior project manager able to work under pressure.
- University degree in food processing, statistics, or economics.
- 5 years of experience in a general manager, senior commercial role within the FMCG Industry (food or cosmetics).
- 3 years with P&L responsibility.
- Experience in the areas of sensory, consumer research or market research.
- Marketing and statistics acumen is a plus.
- Experience in leading teams.
- Proficient English and German is essential.
- High energy, passionate, action-oriented person with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- High level resilience and great operational flexibility.
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographic mobility).
Eurofins offers international opportunities to strong performers.