Associate Scientist Biochemical Analysis
- Zwijnaarde, 9052 Ghent, Belgium
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins CDMO is one of the leading CDMOs in Europe providing high-quality, customized drug development solutions for specialty and biopharma clients. Our focus is to support clients on the earliest phases of their development pathway (from API to the clinical packaging).
Its Belgian subsidiary, Eurofins Amatsigroup NV, is based in Ghent, offering a complete drug development package for new drug entities (biological and chemical) up to early clinical phases to third parties to help them in speeding up the development and manufacturing of their drugs.
You will be part of an analytical Quality Control (QC) team responsible for performing activities in support of manufacturing and release of biologicals. These activities are related to analytical method validation and testing.
- Validate and run the analytical methods required to analyze biological products in a GMP environment.
- Provide accurate and reliable test results by processing the analysis outcome data.
- Your objectives and tasks are set according to a customer project plan. You work under the supervision of the assistant QC manager to who you report.
- Document the work performed in QC worksheets and records.
- Assist in drafting method validation documents and test result reports.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of laboratory SOP’s.
- Operate and control instrument equipment adequately. Troubleshoot lab methods and instruments if needed.
- A bachelor degree with scientific orientation, preferably in life sciences: biochemistry, chemistry or pharmacy or other related degree.
- A few years working experience in a biotech, pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Must possess knowledge of analytical methods for analysis of biologicals, including UV spectroscopy, SDS-PAGE electrophoresis and western blotting. Knowledge of bio-chromatography (SEC, RP-LC), ELISA and cell culture is an asset.
- You’re addicted to laboratory work and willing to work in a regulated QC environment.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Communication, reporting and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- You are punctual, and have a critical eye for details.
- Work in a fast growing organization.
- A position with responsibility within a dynamic company.
- Personal development through learning on the job and additional external trainings.
- A market oriented compensation.