Project Manager Standardization
- Brussels, Belgium
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In 2020, Eurofins generated 5.4 billion EUR revenue. The Group is a network of more than 800 laboratories across over 50 countries, with over 50,000 staff.
The Project Manager Standardization (consumables, glassware, plasticware, and reagents) will lead an array of programs and initiatives that will standardize the use of consumables, glassware, plastic ware, and reagents.
More specifically, the scope will cover:
- Standardize consumables, reagents and equipment. Support deployment of Eurofins Proprietary Media, glass and plastic-ware and reagents.
- Monitor use of Eurofins Proprietary reagents and test kits and support increased use and identification of future needs and product improvement.
- Streamline and bring in house reference standards production and proficiency testing (ring tests).
- Liaise regularly with Eurofins Technologies and ESS (Eurofins Internal Glassware and plastic ware in the USA).
- Work with OBP programme to drive standardisation of consumables for each method and centralised purchasing and as needed preparation of standards for pesticides and contaminants (GC, LC).
- Rationalise and negotiate centrally participation in proficiency testing schemes.
Experience: 1 to 3 years in consulting or operational improvement with project management experience.
Education: Scientific or business degree from Top University. Excellent student track record.
Languages: Excellent English, oral and written, is a must. Other languages are highly appreciated.
- Strong interpersonal skills (e.g. oral and written communication, presentation skills) as this role will interface a lot with local resources and experts to understand and document processes. Proven change management and influencing skills.
- Ability to define concepts, align them with key stakeholders in different countries and describe them clearly and concisely.
- Strong problem-solver with "can-do" mentality, able to both pragmatically define solutions and capture and understand all relevant details when necessary.
- Proven ability to independently set-up, manage and drive a clearly defined project.
Technical knowledge IT: MS Office products, Access DB a plus.
- Involvement in strategic projects for Eurofins & exposure to group leaders;
- Integration in a fast growing international company with a dynamic working environment and a good team spirit where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- Extensive on-the-job coaching & training with clear areas of responsibility;
- An attractive salary package with extra-legal benefits.