Senior Medical Technologist
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 47 countries, employing about 45.000 staff.
Eurofins stands for a conception of clinical diagnostics entirely focused on excellence, innovation and technological investment. Eurofins clinical diagnostics offers testing services in all medical specialties.
As a central element in healthcare, clinical diagnostics contributes to every stage of patient care: predisposition, prevention, diagnostics, treatment monitoring and prognosis.
With hundreds of thousands of clinical diagnostics tests performed every day, the laboratories of the clinical diagnostics division strive to ensure that every patient, wherever he or she lives, has access to the most specialized and most innovative techniques for diagnosis, monitoring and therapeutic adjustment. Our logistics expertise and our daily sample collection and delivery network, guarantee perfect continuity in the provision of care while ensuring the same standard of quality and access to innovation across all the regions we serve.
Applications are invited from experienced candidates in medical testing and should be a team player. Candidates are expected to have relevant clinical laboratory technical skills and knowledge of accreditation and auditing process.
· Coach, train and orientate new staff in laboratory protocols and procedures.
· Develop and coordinate the training and teaching function of the laboratory.
· Monitor and regulate all quality assurance activities under the area of purview.
· Assist with drafting and updating of laboratory protocols and standard operating procedures.
· Assist with the investigation and documentation of adverse incidents.
· Able to properly set up, calibrate, maintain, and resolve issues with the analytical instruments.
· Perform all procedures in accordance with laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
· Ensure compliance of laboratory staff with all the requirements of the Laboratory Safety Manual.
· Ensure that “critical value” is reported as well as resolve queries from customers.
· Maintain competence in Laboratory Information System (LIS).
· Actively involve in Quality Improvement Programs; ensure timely and accurate laboratory testing to meet customer needs.
· When delegated, serve as a consultant with regards to assay limitations and potentials.
· Assist in lab workload analysis; recommend lab workflow and process improvements.
· Establish and supervise specimen reception and rejection criteria and protocols.
· Any other duties as assigned by Laboratory Manager.
In a fast growing group, employees are frequently being offered increased area of responsibility.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Good general health, dexterity and no colour blindness.
- Integrity with a professional attitude, proactive with good leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to change, service orientated and customer focused.
- Enjoy taking a methodical approach to their work, analysing results, establishing procedures and using computers and specialized instruments for accurate and precise testing.
- Perform shift duties as required.
- BSc in Biomedical Science, Medical Laboratory Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years’ of clinical laboratory experience preferred.
What we offer: As an employer, we’re keen to look after our people with as much dedication as they look after our patients. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, excellent training and exceptional career prospects. We’re a growing and ambitious company, so there is huge potential here to develop with us and enjoy fantastic rewards in your career.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Eurofins Clinical Diagnostic is an Equal Opportunities Company.