Quality Assurance Coordinator
- Lane Cove West NSW 2066, Australia
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing. In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins Agroscience Australia/New Zealand is a leading provider of analytical services, regulatory consulting and technical support to the crop protection industry, seed businesses and veterinary medicine companies. Our technical activities involve conducting field and laboratory studies to determine the safety and efficacy of new agrochemicals, veterinary medicines/pharmaceuticals and crop varieties. We offer outstanding technical knowledge and project management skills, and are experts in managing field and laboratory studies, including GLP residue studies, analytical method development and physico-chemical property testing.
Due to upcoming personnel changes, the position of Quality Assurance Coordinator within Eurofins Agroscience Testing is available, and we are seeking candidates for this exciting opportunity. The position is currently based at our Lane Cove laboratory, but will move to our brand new purpose-built facility in Girraween at the end of 2021.
Reporting to the QA Manager, Agroscience, the Quality Assurance Coordinator will be responsible for conducting audits of studies, facilities, processes and procedures, with a particular focus on the requirements of the company’s accreditations and technical guidelines. As part of the dedicated Eurofins Agroscience Quality Assurance Unit in Australia and New Zealand, this position will also work with other QAU team members to promote harmonisation and consistency in the application of all Agroscience Quality Systems and continuous improvement programs. Responsibilities will include:
- Auditing laboratory studies against the OECD Principles of GLP;
- Conducting scheduled internal audits of facilities, processes and procedures against the QMS and other standards where necessary;
- Maintaining and monitoring auditing and calibration schedules;
- Assisting with the maintenance and application of the QMS including document control;
- Helping to monitor, measure and drive continuous improvement via the CAPA system;
- Involvement in third party audits of the laboratory (clients, regulatory bodies, etc.)
As an important role within Eurofins Agroscience, the following selection criteria and requirements will be essential for success:
- Bachelor Degree in Chemistry or related discipline
- Excellent interpersonal and spoken communication skills;
- Excellent written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- 3 years’ experience (chemistry/laboratory) particularly in an accredited environment;
- Compliance auditing experience (against QMS, external regulations and guidelines, e.g. GxP);
- Experience driving continuous improvement e.g. CAPA system/s;
- Ability to work autonomously as well as come together with the team as required;
- Previous experience working in a residue chemistry laboratory will be highly regarded as will knowledge of the OECD Principles of GLP, ISO 17025 standard, and APVMA requirements;
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and the ability to pick up other programs quickly will be key.
The position is based in Lane Cove West, NSW, but will move to our brand new purpose-built facility in Girraween, (2145, NSW) at the end of 2021.
Applications will close 30 June 2021.
All candidate CVs and cover letters will be reviewed, however please note that we are not always able to respond to every expression of interest submitted.
This opportunity is only open to candidates who are eligible to work in Australia/New Zealand, and already have work rights or an appropriate working visa.