Research Scientist, Senior Research Scientist, Group Leader - Synthetic Organic Chemistry in R&D - Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc.
- Mississauga, ON, Canada
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc. provides a fully integrated suite of services to support drug substance and drug product development from the IND enabling development stage, through to phase II & III supply, and commercial validation and manufacturing for niche APIs. In addition to a continuing flow of interesting and challenging projects for global pharmaceutical and biotech companies, Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc. is committed to growing its state-of-the-art organization, with continued investments in its people, modern facilities, equipment, and instrumentation.
We are currently sourcing for 3 upcoming roles:
- Research Scientist
- Senior Research Scientist
- Group Leader
The successful candidates will work on research, development, and implementation of process technologies for the manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs).
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Research Scientist, Senior Research Scientist
- Planning and execution of experiments in R&D laboratories
- Data analysis, interpretation, and documentation in development reports
- Development of inherently safe processes based on thermal hazard assessment
- Maintaining a safe and well-organized laboratory work area
- Technology transfer to both internal and external manufacturing facilities
In addition to above:
- Leading API technology programs and Scientists associated
- Provide project leadership by generating plans and timelines, preparing regular project updates, organizing and leading project meeting, communicating to the clients and other departments on project-related issues, generating interim and final reports, preparing executive summaries for Clients and executive management team
Experience and Education Requirements:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Chemistry with >10 years experience or Ph.D in Chemistry with >5 years experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- The Group Leader position will require a Ph.D in Chemistry with >10 years experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Must have a strong knowledge of organic chemistry and hands-on experience in the synthesis of complex organic molecules
- Experience in process scale-up, selection and sourcing of raw materials, setting specifications, economic and regulatory constraints will be an asset
- Must be highly motivated and have a proven record of success in multiple projects
- Must be well organized and able to meet project timeline commitments
- Must work well in a multi-disciplinary team environment and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive and medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- RRSP/DPSP eligibility with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Employee Assistance Plan, Tuition Program and much more
- This position will be working in a laboratory/manufacturing environment where most of the time will be standing or sitting at a lab bench, or sitting at desk working on a computer. Intermediate lifting requirements of no more than 50 lbs. Hazardous materials are handled using established safety procedures and appropriate PPE.
- Shift work and overtime may be required, as well as working periodic weekends and/or evenings.
Eurofins supports equal opportunities for inclusion and invites all qualified applicants to apply; if accommodations are required in the application or interview process, please contact us via www.eurofins.ca. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted - no phonecalls or emails please. Selected candidates can expect to be contacted in 3-6 weeks.
NO AGENCIES, PHONECALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE