Laboratory Technologist (Night Shift)
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated 5.4 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 50 countries, employing about 50.000 staff.
SUMMARY OF POSITION OBJECTIVES:
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, this position will be required to perform a variety of laboratory tests and procedures to assist in prevention, diagnosis, treatment of diseases as well as patients monitoring with the clinicians. These tests have a wide range of disciplines, not limited to molecular biology, biochemistry, haematology, immunology, serology and microbiology.
- Duties include working in pre-analytical, analytical, maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation and inventory management.
- Operates and maintains sophisticated instruments and equipment used in the laboratory.
- Able to properly set up, calibrate, maintain, operate and shut down the analytical instruments.
- Perform all procedures in accordance with laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure compliance with all requirements of the Laboratory Safety Manual.
- Ensure that “critical value” is reported and received by appropriate personnel.
- Maintains competence in Laboratory Information System (LIS).
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Perform phlebotomy and onsite screening support as required.
- Any other duties as assigned by Laboratory Manager.
Medical Technologists may be assigned to work and/or specialise in the following disciplines:
- Molecular diagnostics – study and techniques used to identify and analyse nucleic acids such as DNA, RNA or proteins at a molecular level for diagnosis of a particular disease or condition.
- Clinical biochemistry - analysis of body fluids such as blood and urine to diagnose, treat and monitor diseases by interpreting the level of different chemicals in samples.
- Haematology – the study of blood cells and their formation in health and disease, and investigating coagulation factors and disorders.
- Immunology - the study of the body's immune systems, functions and disorders and its analysis.
- Serology - the study of blood serum for diagnostic identification of antibodies.
- Microbiology - culturing and identifying micro-organisms and determining antibiotic susceptibility.
In a fast growing group, employees are frequently being offered increased area of responsibility.
- Able to work independently as well as a team.
- Good general health and no colour blindness.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Integrity and a professional attitude.
- Ability to do detailed work and maintain a high level of accuracy.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Diploma in Biomedical Science, Medical Laboratory Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 years’ of clinical laboratory experience preferred.
What we offer: As an employer, we are keen to look after our people with as much dedication as they look after our patients. That's why we offer competitive salaries, excellent training and exceptional career prospects. We are a growing and ambitious company, so there is huge potential here to develop with us and enjoy fantastic rewards in your career.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.