Assistant Physical Testing Technician
- Northampton, UK
Eurofins|BLC is a small but growing business specialising in testing and consulting and operates within the Eurofins Softlines and Leather division. Established for 100 years specialising in leather and products such as footwear, bags and upholstery, we have the technical pedigree and experience to provide targeted, testing and consulting solutions up and down the supply chain.
Eurofins|BLC is part of the Eurofins Scientific group which provides Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated 5.4 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 50 countries, employing about 50,000 staff.
The assistant technician will support the physical testing technicians and head of physical testing in the preparation and testing of samples for physical, footwear and flammability test methods. The assistant technician will be required to follow and maintain ISO 17025 quality procedures to ensure traceability is maintained and accurate data is reported to clients.
- Preparation and testing of leathers, textiles and polymers using a wide range of standard physical test methods.
- Preparation and testing of the durability of shoes and shoe components using a range of standard physical test methods
- Review work as it booked into the laboratory to ensure that the correct testing has been selected and specifications can be followed.
- Collate test data then produce and check technical reports.
- Conducting flammability testing using standard test methods.
- Area measurement using a pinwheel machine.
- Maintaining our accreditation scope by routinely complying with all ISO 17025 requirements and demonstrating full compliance with the published methods during UKAS audits
- Supporting the commercial team with technical enquiries from customers
- Maintaining a clean and tidy laboratory.
- Assisting with any other reasonable duties required by the business.
- Previous knowledge or experience with textiles(not essential).
- Previous knowledge or experience working in a commercial testing laboratory
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with colleagues.
- Positive attitude with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment reflecting the high sample volume of this market-leading commercial laboratory
- Adherence to the highest standards of precision, accuracy and record-keeping for maintaining our UKAS accreditation for a wide range of methods
- Initiative and an ability to multi-task and plan work effectively to meet strict deadlines
- Competence in using Microsoft Office software
- Accountability and responsibility
- A flexible approach to working additional hours when required.
37.5 hours per week working, Competitive Salary, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection, Group Pension Scheme, Perkbox Discounts, Free Parking