Analytical Chemist and Report Writer
- Northampton, UK
Eurofins|BLC is a small but growing business specialising in testing and consulting and operates within the Eurofins Softlines and Leather division. Established for 100 years specialising in leather and products such as footwear, bags and upholstery, we have the technical pedigree and experience to provide targeted, testing and consulting solutions up and down the supply chain.
Eurofins|BLC is part of the Eurofins Scientific group which provides Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated 5.4 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 50 countries, employing about 50,000 staff.
Collating test data for analytical test reports, checking the data for its suitability, checking against customer specifications and applying uncertainty of measurement and decision rules to the data ready for report writing.
The analyst will also be expected to prepare, extract and analyse samples when required. The analyst will be required to follow and maintain ISO 17025 quality procedures to ensure traceability is maintained and accurate data is reported to clients.
- Liaise with analytical chemists to collate analytical test data for all customer reports.
- Check data for suitability and apply uncertainty of measurement/decision rules when appropriate.
- Check the data against the customers specifications to ensure suitability.
- Assist in writing analytical test reports.
- Checking and signing of test reports.
- Responsible for annual review and recalculation (if required) of uncertainty of measurement data for analytical test methods.
- Accurately prepare and weigh out samples for testing.
- Preparing liquid extracts from the samples using standardized procedures
- Processing the raw analytical data and maintaining analytical quality control charts.
- Assist development of new methods and continuous improvement of existing methodology.
- Maintenance of analytical instrumentation.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy laboratory
- Performing any other reasonable duties to assist the testing team and the business.
- Ideally, degree educated with a chemistry related subject
- Experience of working as an analytical chemist in a commercial testing laboratory
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with colleagues
- Positive attitude with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment reflecting the high sample volume of this market-leading commercial laboratory
- Adherence to the highest standards of precision, accuracy and record-keeping for maintaining our UKAS accreditation for a wide range of methods
- Initiative and an ability to multi-task and plan work effectively to meet strict deadlines
- Competence in using Microsoft Office software
- Accountability and responsibility
- A flexible approach to working additional hours when required.
37.5 hours per week working, Competitive Salary, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection, Group Pension Scheme, Perkbox Discounts, Free Parking