RF OTA System Engineer Level 5
- Santa Clara, CA, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
Â In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR â‚¬ 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Strong foundation in RF/OTA system level and a demonstrable passion for building new Technologies for modern wireless communication systems such as cellular / GNSS / WiFi / Bluetooth etc
- Work with the RF hardware and antenna engineers to design, test and debug complex wireless portable products.
- Verify conducted & radiated performance of wireless portable devices, including TRP, TIS, throughput, SAR, and EMC.
- Able to maintain test equipment (such as anechoic chamber) including inspection, cleaning, calibration, SW and HW updates, license management, vendor engagement.
- Debug and test wireless radios (cellular/GNSS/WiFi/BT). This can include line up calculations, simulations with ADS, SCH capture, layout support, device bring up, test and troubleshooting and 3GPP certification support.
- Create and execute detailed test plans for antenna passive and OTA performance with design engineers for performance optimization, create test reports, and lead the radiated tests for type approval and certification.
- OTA system debug and testing ownership (matching, debug, testing to legacy wireless standard).
- Test report generation and feedback to design engineer
- Test automation (antenna OTA chamber)
- Provide coaching and mentoring for Wireless Group team members.
- Do technical review for the sales team and provide them with quotes.
- Headed CTIA Audit submission package for CATL accreditation
- Updated and maintained SOP for the latest CTIA test plans.
- Support department objectives and company goals
- Be a team player
- Sustain a positive, enthusiastic and professional attitude at all times
- Accommodate requests with a smile and “can do” attitude
- Adhere to manager directives
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Arrive on time, properly dressed and prepared to work
- Perform all duties in a timely, accurate, honest and professional manner
- Communicate with customers professionally and in accordance with customer service standards
- Be respectful of others
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Proficiency with WiFi/BT, GPS, Cellular, and legacy radio access technologies desired.
- Experience with RF system specification and wireless communication standards.
- Experience with regulatory requirements and processes for wireless consumer devices, including FCC, PTCRB, CTIA, ETSI, TIA/EIA, etc.
- Experience of antenna design and tests, anechoic chambers, and RF test equipment as well as hands-on experience.
- Strong working knowledge of radiation performance, antenna and wave propagation theoretical background.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills required. Able to read and understand electronic schematics.
- Programming skills in Matlab/Python/C/C++
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience with building and shipping consumer electronics products.
- Demonstrate team leadership
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
- PhD or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering specializing in Antenna, RF or Electromagnetics is preferred.
- 12+ year experience in a technical/engineering discipline and +7 years related experience.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Santa Clara, CA are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.