Junior Legal Counsel
- Brussels, Belgium
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In 2020, Eurofins generated 5.4 billion EUR revenue. The Group is a network of more than 800 laboratories across over 50 countries, with over 50,000 staff.
The Junior Legal Counsel will provide legal support to the Group’s legal entities in corporate, commercial law and compliance topics. As part of the Group Legal Team, you will work in close cooperation with the Group Head of Legal, the GDPR Compliance Counsel and the Group Compliance Officer, and will provide legal advice to business and functional leaders throughout the Eurofins Group. The portfolio of tasks and responsibilities will be broad, ranging from corporate and contracts law to compliance and legal operations. This job is an ideal position for young lawyers to gather experience and grow – in a very successful, fast paced, international Group.
As a Junior Legal Counsel, you will:
- Provide legal support for corporate housekeeping and reorganizations;
- Draft and negotiate contracts;
- Draft, review and maintain precedent documents and templates;
- Handle contract disputes with third parties;
- Support in drafting guidelines and policies;
- Provide support in compliance cases;
- Support internal processes operated by the Legal Team (e.g. roll-out of contracts, managing of legal master data and register filings);
- Be part of projects aimed at further improving processes and efficiency of the Legal Team
- Master degree in Law at the Top University, an outstanding academic track record;
- Relevant work experience in law firm or in-house would be a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written English;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and rigorous person.
- Ability to work largely autonomously with limited direct supervision;
- Entrepreneurial mindset and “can do” attitude;
- Reliable and discreet team player
- Integration in a fast growing international company with a dynamic working environment and a good team spirit where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- Extensive on-the-job coaching & training with clear areas of responsibility;
- An attractive salary package with extra-legal benefits.