Casework Support Officer
- Birchwood, Warrington, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
This is an administrative role, to work within a busy laboratory environment dealing with internal/external customers ensuring our excellent customer service is upheld. The candidate will contribute to the success of the casework team in various key areas including casework administration, submissions functions and laboratory cleaning, maintenance and restocking.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To be responsible for general office duties, including filing, meeting visitors and handling incoming and outgoing post.
- Maintaining key databases and assisting with data entry tasks (spreadsheet)
- Supervising visits from contract engineers
- Book travel arrangements and accommodation
- To assist with the submissions and Administration teams, booking in exhibits, estimating, invoicing and defence examiner visits when required
- Archiving and retrieval of hard copy and electronic files as required
- Support with the weekly Fire alarm test when required
- To ensure laboratory consumables are restocked and maintained appropriately
- Preparation of some laboratory reagents may be required (full training will be given to do this)
- To clean laboratories in accordance with company procedures.
- Scheduling of key preventative maintenance with internal customers and contractors to help ensure scientific instruments are kept in the best condition
- To order, store and distribute consumables
- Monitor the fridge and freezer temperatures and maintain records for quality purpose
- To actively manage and carry out the process or returns, transfers, retention and destruction of items submitted for forensic examination. Ensuring full continuity and chain of custody is maintained.
- Understanding of the confidential nature of the business
- Minimum of 5GCSE’s at grade C or above to include English, Maths and ICT
Salary: Up to £17,920 per annum
Contract: 1 x Fixed Term Contract ending December 2021
1 x Permanent position available
Hours: 37.5 per week
Due to the highly sensitive nature of the work, applicants should note that security clearance will be required for this role. To gain security clearance you must have at least three years’ continuous residency in the UK preceding an application. Criminal convictions may prevent you from gaining security clearance. In addition, successful applicants will be required to undertake drug and alcohol testing prior to commencing employment.