Cloud/Site Reliability Engineer
- Dublin, Ireland
Why are we here?
You may not know our name but we can guarantee you know our work – all we do has a positive impact on life, health and the environment.
Eurofins is by your side every day, from the food you eat to the medicines you rely on. We work with the biggest companies in the world, making sure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
As a fast paced growing environment we are looking for natural born leaders that inspire passion in unique individuals and are not afraid to take risks in order to achieve goals. Life at Eurofins is a meritocracy, where people are empowered to make decisions and are rewarded for their success. We encourage independent thinkers who challenge the status quo and never accept the market’s or the company’s “usual way of doing things”.
How can you contribute?
We are looking to bring great engineers, business analysts and technologists into the business to build and grow an organization with a start-up spirit, to implement world-class software solutions and the strongest IT foundation possible - Made in Ireland - for a business with an enormous global footprint.
Within the Eurofins IT Organisation, the role of Cloud/Site Reliability Engineer will work on the design, development, deployment and continuous improvement of a flexible hybrid/multi-cloud PaaS solution. You will be part of a high performance team and will get the opportunity to work with some of the most transformational software projects that make a real difference.
Your functions will include working on enabling rapid adoption of containerization platforms and other new development and deployment technologies. Your will also facilitate rapid solution deployment and application development with faster provisioning of platforms to allow the business continuity.
Other responsibilities as the Cloud/Site Reliability Engineer will include:
- Simplify transition to in-house SaaS-model system provision and deployment
- Build, maintain and automate systems to ensure reliability, resiliency, scalability and security
- Drive and support the migration of in-house applications into Azure Cloud environments
- Advise software development teams on containerisation and cloud native design considerations
- Automate collection of metrics relevant to our agile process, build and deployment
- Setup new build configurations and optimize existing ones
- Monitor and debug issues across the PaaS solution, provide technical resolutions and root cause analysis for high severity incidents
- Work closely with engineering teams to understand the build/integration requirements
Are you our kind of extraordinary?
Following completion of a Degree in Computer Science, or a related field, ideally with Azure certification. You will have a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role, with strong Azure Cloud expertise
In addition your experience will include:
- Experience with containerisation platforms, like Kubernetes (AKS), Azure Automation or Redhat Openshift
- Prior experience migrating applications to Cloud
- Ability to script and automate layering of applications
- Knowledge of Terraform, Ansible, PowerShell or similar
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Knowledge of CI/CD tooling and source control
- Good awareness of DevOps practices and ability to work in a DevOps manner
- Familiarity with orchestration tools
We love problem-solvers, analytical and proactive individuals with experience working in collaborative and Agile environment. If this sounds like you, we are definitely interested in hearing from you!
What can we offer you?
- A multicultural, friendly and collaborative work environment in a fast-growing international company
- Opportunities for growth and take that next step in your professional career and self-development
- Long-term engagement and career development
- Competitive salary package, bonus and benefits option (Health insurance and pension, among others)
- In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, Eurofins offers training opportunities to employees
- Flexible working arrangements
- Sports and social activities
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.