- Baltimore, MD, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Review and schedule daily tasks that are assigned by Engineers or Manager
- Prepare test equipment for proper operation and verify calibration
- Understand the operation of the equipment under test
- Setup tests in accordance with work instructions/standards and/or Test Engineer’s instruction
- Complete data sheets and take pictures of test setup
- Manage project documentation in accordance with training
- Monitor test, as needed
- Collect and review the accuracy of test data
- Unpack, store, control, repack customer equipment.
- Build and repair test equipment.
- Interface with and update Engineers and Manager on status of projects.
- Some fabrication/machining work.
- Organization and clean-up of work station and the environmental laboratory, including putting away tools, storing customer equipment and sweeping.
- Maintain METrak (RFB, task status, project review, etc.)
- Perform in house calibration, measurement uncertainty budgets and calculation in accordance with ISO 17065.
- Perform function checks on equipment returned from calibration (or outside the depts. possession)
- Other duties as deemed appropriate by management and for which management believes adequate experience exists, or for which knowledge can be easily obtained in order to perform such duties.
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Ability to follow mechanical and electrical setup diagrams/instructions
- Basic understanding of physics, electricity and electronics
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders and use scissor lifts to mount devices, such as antennas
- Ability to safely use power tools and perform light machining
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- College Degree or 4 year of related experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Baltimore, MD are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.