- Northampton, UK
Eurofins|BLC is a small but growing business specialising in testing and consulting and operates within the Eurofins Softlines and Leather division. Established for 100 years specialising in leather and products such as footwear, bags and upholstery, we have the technical pedigree and experience to provide targeted, testing and consulting solutions up and down the supply chain.
Eurofins|BLC is part of the Eurofins Scientific group which provides Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated 5.4 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 50 countries, employing about 50,000 staff.
The preparation, analysis and reporting of leather, textile, polymers and chemical samples for a wide range of restricted substances at low concentrations according to standard test methods and in house methods according to documented procedures. The analyst will be required to follow and maintain ISO 17025 quality procedures to ensure traceability is maintained and accurate data is reported to clients.
- Accurately prepare and weigh out leather, textile, polymer and chemical samples for testing.
- Deconstructing consumer products such as shoes and handbags into their individual components
- Preparing liquid extracts from the samples using standardized solvent extraction and solid-phase extraction (SPE) clean-up procedures
- Identifying and quantifying the specific restricted substances in the sample extracts using advanced analytical instrumentation.
- Processing the raw analytical data and maintaining analytical quality control charts.
- Assist in the development of new methods and continuous improvement of existing methodology.
- Maintenance of analytical instrumentation.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy laboratory
- Performing any other reasonable duties to assist the testing team and the business.
What We Are Looking For:
- Ideally, degree educated with a chemistry related subject
- Experience of working as an analytical chemist in a commercial testing laboratory is desirable
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with colleagues
- Positive attitude with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment reflecting the high sample volume of this market-leading commercial laboratory
- Adherence to the highest standards of precision, accuracy and record-keeping for maintaining our UKAS accreditation for a wide range of methods
- Initiative and an ability to multi-task and plan work effectively to meet strict deadlines
- Competence in using Microsoft Office software
- Accountability and responsibility
- A flexible approach to working additional hours when required.
37.5 hours per week working, Competitive Salary, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection, Group Pension Scheme, Perkbox Discounts, Free Parking