- Wolverhampton, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Please note that this role is working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 09.00 - 17.00.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Management Accountant within the Finance Team. We are looking for a strong all round Management Accountant who has experience of both Financial and Management Accounts to join the financial controlling team.
- Month end routines and procedures. The successful candidate will have responsibility for the accounts of a number of legal entities including:
- Bank reconciliations.
- Reconciliation of the sales and purchase ledgers. Including ensuring that all transactions are captured.
- Accounting for work in progress.
- Accruals and Prepayments.
- Payroll accounting.
- Accounting for fixed assets.
- Inter-company reconciliation.
- Recodes and corrections as required.
- Review and validation of results.
- Conducting reviews of accounts with Business Unit Leaders.
- Uploading accounts to our group consolidation tool.
- Responsibility for the ongoing maintenance of fixed asset registers.
- Developing systems and processes to continuously improve transaction capture and reporting.
- Supporting integrations of acquisitions.
- Supporting the business on financial matters as needed.
- Ad hoc reporting and investigations.
- Quarterly capex and overhead reporting.
- Assisting with budget and forecasts.
- Preparation of national statistic forms.
- Ad Hoc tasks.
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified.
- Knowledge of Cognos, Microsoft AX/ Great Plains.
- 1 years’ experience in a similar reporting role.
- 1 years’ reporting experience as part of a large complex group.
- Transition from one IT system to another.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Data Analytical skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to convert data into analysis / information which enables users to understand business performance and make informed decisions.
- Ability to investigate and understand accounting variances.
- Solid knowledge of finance policies, processes and finance systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to explain what the numbers are say.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; a team player.
- Highly organised.
- Able to work to strict deadlines.