Laboratory Quality Lead
- Northampton, UK
Eurofins|BLC is a small but growing business specialising in testing and consulting and operates within the Eurofins Softlines and Leather division. Established for 100 years specialising in leather and products such as footwear, bags and upholstery, we have the technical pedigree and experience to provide targeted, testing and consulting solutions up and down the supply chain.
Eurofins|BLC is part of the Eurofins Scientific group which provides Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated 5.4 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 50 countries, employing about 50,000 staff.
To manage, develop, improve and implement the laboratory accreditation to ISO 17025. A key point of contact for UKAS audits and ensure accreditation is maintained on an annual basis.
- The management of accreditation to ISO 17025 including internal audits, reporting of quality metrics to Eurofins Group and Senior Management Team.
- Implement quality management system processes and ensure compliance is upheld with the Quality Manual
- Planning of quality assurance activities (e.g. proficiency schemes, inter-laboratory trials and intra-laboratory trials) and the review of results
- Manage internal and external calibration of laboratory equipment
- Control of all documents relating to the quality management system including supplementary procedures, lab forms and standard operating procedures
- Identify skills gaps through audits and follow up by either training staff or identifying an appropriate resource to train
- Support admin functions of the laboratory manager, which could be but not limited to: Method development; Obtaining quotation; Arranging servicing/repair/calibration; Checking and authorising test reports as required
- Engage staff with the QMS and nurture a positive culture of quality
- Member of the Quality Management Group
- Undertake impartial investigations and the ability to make unbiased decisions on behalf of the quality team, presenting report findings to the QMG.
What We Are Looking For:
- Experience and understanding of a testing laboratory and the equipment
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of ISO 17025 and ideally have attended Internal Auditor Course
- Ideally, degree educated but must have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s Grade C or above or equivalent qualifications including English and Maths
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form
- Demonstrate good time management, whilst maintaining a positive can-do attitude in a fast-paced environment
- Well organised and excellent attention to detail as quality is core in everything we do
- Competence in using Microsoft Office software in particular excel and word
- A flexible approach to working additional hours when required.
37.5 hours per week working, Competitive Salary, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection, Group Pension Scheme, Perkbox Discounts, Free Parking