- Los Angeles, CA, USA
Eurofins EAG Materials Science LLC (EAG) is a world leader as an independent analytical services provider. EAG Laboratories provides consulting and expert witness services in materials failure analysis to clients including a diverse range of industries and business sectors with companies that design, manufacture or incorporate products for tomorrow’s technology driven world.
Seeking a Metallographer/Metallurgical Laboratory Technician for our metallurgical and failure analysis laboratory in the Los Angeles area. Experience in metallography, hardness/micro-hardness testing and digital photography required. B.S. degree in Metallurgy or Materials Science preferred.
- Metallographic sample preparation includes cutting, mounting, identifying, polishing and etching specimens in accordance with appropriate procedures
- Perform hardness and microhardness testing.
- Organize work for efficient execution according to procedures.
- Maintain flow through met prep and metallography to meet customer needs and promote efficiency.
- Must have interest in learning new techniques to work of special metals.
This role is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR: a U.S. Person is a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., "Green Card Holder"), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- B.S. degree in Metallurgy or Materials Science preferred.
- Knowledge of basic metallurgy.
- Knowledge of safely handling of acids is a plus.
- At least two years of metallography equipment operation and analysis experience
- Experience in metallography, hardness/micro-hardness testing and digital photography required, experience using stereo microscope.
- Hands-on experience
- Good communication and documentation (computer) skills.
What we offer: As an employer, we’re keen to look after our people with as much dedication as they look after our clients. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, excellent training and exceptional career development opportunities. We’re a growing and ambitious company, so there is unlimited potential here to develop with us and enjoy fantastic rewards in your career.
Eurofins is an Equal Opportunities Company.