- Northampton, UK
Eurofins|BLC is a small but growing business specialising in testing and consulting and operates within the Eurofins Softlines and Leather division. Established for a 100 years specialising in leather and products such as footwear, bags and upholstery, we have the technical pedigree and experience to provide targeted, testing and consulting solutions up and down the supply chain.
Eurofins|BLC is part of the Eurofins Scientific group which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The primary function will be the management and support of various projects using environmental knowledge and analytical skills to help to expand the scope of the LWG, to address a variety of important topics in the leather supply chain, from deforestation to chemical compliance.
- Research on a variety of topics related to the full leather supply chain, from farm to factory, to primarily support the development of the LWG Audit.
- Preparation of reports and presentations to support research findings
- Engagement and collaboration with relevant key stakeholders, including apparel and footwear industry organizations, NGO’s, Brands and Retailer members, and Leather manufacturers
- Make regular presentations on specialist topics, at meetings and in webinars
- Run pilot studies to support proposed changes to the LWG audit
What We Are Looking For:
- Degree educated in a STEM subject, environmental sciences or sustainability, leather, materials and/or relevant work experience in a related industry
- Proven relevant experience ideally a minimum of 5 years
- Excellent technical research skills that draw practical conclusions in a fast pace environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work well and in a professional manner with all internal and external stakeholders
- Experience and/or willingness to give presentations, both virtually and in a conference environment
- Full proficiency of the MS office suite, especially including Powerpoint
- Desirable to have LCA experience
- Desirable to have an understanding of the technical aspects of leather manufacturing, the leather supply chain, and its sensitivities
- The ability and willingness to travel internationally when required however this is a UK based role
- Strong analytical mind and an inclination for problem-solving
- Well organised and excellent attention to detail as quality is core in everything we do
- Proactive and a motivated self-starter
This is a newly created and an exciting role for someone who wants to apply their environmental knowledge and analytical skills to help to expand the scope of the LWG, to address a variety of important topics in the leather supply chain, from deforestation to chemical compliance.
Background to the LWG Project:
The Leather Working Group Ltd (LWG) is an international group of leather manufacturers (tanneries), brands and suppliers to the leather industry. Our core focus is on driving continuous improvements within the global leather industry, through our audit protocol. Our current membership base is made up of almost 1,000 members and is continuing to grow as the environment and sustainability become more and more important to companies, as well as individuals.
If you are interested in applying please submit a statement of no more than 500 words on what has motivated you to apply and work for the Leather Working Group
37.5 hours per week working, Competitive Salary, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Group Pension Scheme, Perkbox Discounts, Free Parking