Scanning Electron Microscope Analyst
- Milpitas, CA 95035, USA
Nanolab Technologies, a Eurofins company, has a team of highly skilled and experienced scientists, engineers, and analysts that provide industry leading techniques to help clients solve their problems. Our clients include leading edge tech companies in a diverse range of industries and business sectors who design, manufacture or incorporate electronics for tomorrow’s technology driven world. With a state-of-the-art, purpose designed laboratory equipped with leading edge microscopy and analytical tools, that provide ultra-high spatial resolution, Nanolab Technologies offers the finest knowledge based analytical solutions available today.
Nanolab Technologies is looking for a SEM Materials Analyst to join our Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) engineering team. Job functions include Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) Imaging, sample prep cross-sectioning, microcleaving. The individual will work closely with tool vendors to understand tool performance and develop new techniques to improve throughput, perform basic tool maintenance and calibration, communicate with customers and prepare PowerPoint reports. The work environment is fast-paced with firm deadlines. The successful candidate will work as a part of a team and be expected to rapidly gain a working knowledge of many analytical techniques.
Local candidates are encouraged to apply. Must be able to work evenings, graveyard and weekends.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Associate's degree or BS degree in relevant engineering physical science discipline.
- Hands-on knowledge in sample preparation (cross-sectioning and micro-cleaving)
- Solid understanding of electron microscopy, semiconductor device physics and failure analysis (through previous work experience or course work).
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with firm deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
- Self-motivated, organized and interested in learning.
- Knowledge and recent hands-on experience with SEM/STEM is a plus.
- Must be flexible with work schedule to include weekends.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.