Experimentalist - HTS
- Groton, CT, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
We are seeking an Analyst in the Process Chemistry High Throughput Screening (HTS) group as a laboratory based experimentalist in Groton, CT. Part of CRD, the HTS group is responsible for the rapid screening of chemical reactions and data gathering to assist process chemistry in the production of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API). Experimentalists in HTS engage in many facets of development, including the generation of large data sets, the screening of different reaction platforms, and the use of automated workflows involving robotic equipment. The HTS group also provides support for technology transfer to Process Chemistry and Medicinal Design colleagues.
The successful candidate will generate experimental data in the laboratory and provide assistance for the development and evaluation of chemical reactions. They will partner with client chemists, analysts, and engineers to perform existing reaction screening and improve work flows.
- Sample preparation and execution of experimental designs provided by scientists.
- Using automated equipment, design recipes for dosing both solids and liquid solutions/slurries.
- Document conditions and amounts used during experiment executions within electronic lab notebook (eLN).
- Operate various laboratory instruments including but not limited to: UPLC/MS, GC/MS, and NMR.
- Troubleshoot various issues that arise when using automated equipment, and share findings with other team members.
- Provide suggestions for improvements regarding workflow efficiency.
- Maintain general understanding with chemistry nomenclature.
- Provide input in the design of experiments given limited direction by group scientists.
- Demonstrate learning agility and apply new knowledge and skills to advance workflows.
The Ideal Candidate would possess the following:
- Ability to micropipette.
- Ability to work in a laboratory environment performing experiments in a laboratory fume hood, and an ability to perform data analysis.
- Familiarization with modern analytical tools and techniques.
- Strong proficiency using various computer applications including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, ChemDraw, and Library Studio.
- B.S. in Chemistry or related scientific field, or 3-10 years of experience in chemistry laboratory roles or API Manufacturing operations with some experience in a laboratory setting.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
This position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Groton, CT are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.