Research Associate - Materials Science
- Santa Clara, CA, USA
Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 55 years of service, Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Research Associate to work in our Professional Scientific Services group in Santa Clara, California supporting the materials team in developing polymeric materials to support emerging technologies.
- Manage and maintain analytical equipment in pharmaceutical powder processing lab
- Perform various dissolution testing on solid dosage formulations using dissolution apparatus
- Develop and conduct analytical methods including HPLC, Dissolution, Thermogravimetric DSC/TGA, PXRD, FTIR, and KF titration
- Conduct powder rheometry analysis using Freeman Technology FT4 and Shulze shear cell
- Perform data analysis and troubleshoot methods and instrumentation
- Prepare data for presentation and assist in generating technical reports, and interact with other internal and external groups
- Perform review and peer review of analytical data
- Write protocols and technical reports and transfer methods internally and externally
- Manage outsourced services
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD POSSESS:
- Demonstrated success in developing small molecule analytical chemistry methods
- Experience developing dissolution methods
- Previous experience conducting and analyzing data for analytical methods such as UPLC/HPLC, Dissolution, Thermogravimetric DSC/TGA, GC, and KF titrations
- Understanding of experimentation and data analysis using JMP software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience interacting with people from a wide range of skill levels and experience
- Ability to communicate complex scientific findings and recommendations in one-on-one discussions and departmental meetings
- Excellent technical writing experience such as protocols, reports, and SOPs
- Demonstrated ability to work as an independent, self-motivated, detail-oriented, result-driven and highly flexible team-player in a fast-paced working environment
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail; excellent project management skills including the ability to manage ones project resource requirements (material, manpower, time, etc.), and ability to elevate relevant issues to project lead and line-management
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with internal and external clients, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, or other related degree concentration
- 1 – 2 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry, in a GMP or GLP regulated laboratory environment preferred
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, with overtime, as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Santa Clara, CA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.