VRL - Clinical Histocompatibility Scientist Trainee
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
VRL Eurofins has a national reputation for its expertise in providing comprehensive laboratory services to meet the unique testing needs of the transplant community. It is committed to servicing the transplant community with regional high complexity testing labs in numerous states throughout the U.S. Each lab is focused and equipped to perform donor eligibility testing for both STAT and routine testing, utilizing state of the art technology with FDA licensed test kits and reagents. All of our laboratories are staffed with a dedicated and professional team of laboratory technologists and support staff.
Eurofins VRL Inc. is searching for a Clinical Histocompatibility Scientist Trainee to work in Los Angeles, CA.
Clinical Histocompatibility Scientist Trainee responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
During the 52 weeks of training, each trainee will be expected to:
- Observe and adhere to all Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) lab standard operating procedures and policies
- Develop a disciplined and balanced schedule of independent study, attendance, and other required assignments
- Take initiative to perform and reflect on applied learning skills at the bench
- Follow laboratory procedures for specimen accessioning, processing and maintaining accurate and complete records
- Perform & process laboratory assays on practice samples
- Seek assistance, when appropriate from section supervisors, instructors, or other resourceful personnel
- Complete homework, unknowns, quizzes/examinations, and reading assignments when scheduled during the training year
- Optimize time spent at the bench through proper prioritization and time management
After the 52 weeks of training, each trainee will be expected to perform the following:
- Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) typing using serology and molecular methods
- Perform Cytotoxic Crossmatching
- Flow Cytomerty Crossmatching
- Antibody screening
- Antibody Specificity Analysis
- Spleen and Lymph Node Isolation
- Able to select the proper specimen for the procedure given
- Able to distinguish normal from abnormal results
- Utilize data to evaluate accuracy of results
- Apply problem-solving techniques to identify and correct procedural errors, identify instrument malfunction and institute appropriate corrective measures under supervision
- Follow laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting, and maintaining accurate and complete records
- Promptly and courteously answer the phone and assists clients and coordinators with their inquiries
- BS or BA in biological, physical or chemical science
- Willing to work with potentially infectious human blood and body fluids
- Ability to work with automated and manual platforms
- Must possess skills required for aseptic techniques
- Intermediate level of proficiency with PC based software programs
- A current Trainee License issued by California Laboratory Field services in histocompatibility prior to the program’s start date
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday with rotating shifts (AM, PM, and graveyard). Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Los Angeles, CA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.