Semiconductor Prep Technician
- East Windsor, NJ, USA
EAG Laboratories is a global leader in advanced microscopy, surface analysis and semiconductor testing services of various types of materials from synthetic biomaterials to nanotechnology, deliver new “super materials” with the potential to transform our world. Our laboratories are at the forefront of this revolution, providing the scientific expertise and analytical techniques to support companies at every phase of the product lifecycle, from R&D to manufacturing.
Our clients include leading edge tech companies in a diverse range of industries and business sectors who design, manufacture or incorporate products for tomorrow’s technology driven world. Our scientists and engineers engage in peer-to-peer interaction to discuss and comprehensively understand client issues, challenges, goals and urgency, to define the technical problems, develop and execute analyses, and report back results. We have a growth mindset culture where individuals are encouraged to drive their own success and make their own decisions while fulfilling client needs.
EAG Laboratories is seeking a Technician to join our lab in the East Windsor, NJ. This position will be responsible for supporting SIMS Scientist activities by preparing samples and equipment for analyses, including but not limited to, mounting, machining, and polishing techniques
Essential Job Functions:
- Work closely with laboratory personnel on a daily basis.
- Use chemical etchant solutions and processes.
- Sample preparation - cleaving samples to size, cleaning as needed, and mounting samples for SIMS analysis.
- Operate supporting equipment such as profilometers, microscopes, fine tools (tweezers, scribing tools, etc.)
- Review and adhere to customer specifications and requirements, including visual inspection of received materials for condition and correlation with customer description.
- Protect confidential information and proprietary processes.
- Handle customer materials and company equipment in a responsible and efficient manner.
- Have familiarity with relevant quality system documents and comply with all system requirements.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety in work areas.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- High school diploma, Associate or Bachelor degree.
- 1+ years of experience with routine wet chemistry etching.
- A basic understanding of chemical safety.
- Relevant experience in performing analytical testing with sophisticated equipment a plus.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Must be a proficient communicator and listener.
- Be able to section, mount and clean test pieces in a consistent manner that will be acceptable for analysis.
- Fine manual dexterity.
- Ability to work in lab environment.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Computer literate, high level of accuracy and detail oriented.
- Must be able to handle multiple functions at the same time and maintain good organizational skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.