VRL - 2nd Shift Laboratory Technologist
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
VRL Eurofins has a national reputation for its expertise in providing comprehensive laboratory services to meet the unique testing needs of the transplant community. It is committed to servicing the transplant community with regional high complexity testing labs in numerous states throughout the U.S. Each lab is focused and equipped to perform donor eligibility testing for both STAT and routine testing, utilizing state of the art technology with FDA licensed test kits and reagents. All of our laboratories are staffed with a dedicated and professional team of laboratory technologists and support staff.
Eurofins VRL Inc. is searching for a 2nd Shift Laboratory Technologist to work in Cincinnati, OH.
Laboratory Technologist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Following prescribed procedures, performing any of the tests within any of the laboratory specialties and calculating the results of the tests performed, if necessary
- Operating, calibrating, conducting performance checks, and maintaining any laboratory analyzers or equipment
- Recognizing and correcting basic analyzer malfunctions; notifying management personnel when appropriate
- Preparing reagents or media from a prescribed procedure
- Evaluating media, reagents, and calibrators according to established criteria
- Conducting established quality control procedures on analytical tests, equipment, reagents, media, and products
- Evaluating results of quality control and implements corrective action when indicated
- Determining performance specifications for new methods
- Confirming and verifying results through knowledge of techniques, principles, and analyzers
- Monitoring quality assurance/continuous improvement programs
- Monitoring safety programs in compliance with laboratory regulations
- Utilizes laboratory information systems or other methods to accurately and effectively report patient results
- Writing laboratory procedures conforming to standardized format
- Reporting test results conforming to established procedures
The ideal candidate would possess:.
- Some laboratory experience preferred
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, equipment, and techniques of medical technology
- Knowledge of the principles of chemistry, biology, and bacteriology as related to medical technology
- Some knowledge of recent developments in the field of medical technology
- Ability to instruct subordinate technologist in areas of medical laboratory testing
- Ability to perform assigned tasks according to prescribed procedures and to make accurate observations and records of tests results
- Skill in the use of medical laboratory equipment
- Analytical thinking and communication skills
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science, or medical technology from an accredited institution
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time working 2nd shift, Wednesday - Saturday 3:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m., with overtime, as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Cincinnati, OH are encouraged to apply.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.