- Birchwood, Warrington, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion euro proforma turnover, from 800 laboratories across 47 countries and employs about 45.000 staff.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Support Business Unit Managers around the country in the financial control of their areas, reviewing and explaining analysis of results and proposing improvements.
- Assist in the development of financial controls and support the Business Unit Managers in understanding and implementing those controls.
- Management accounts production including production and posting of journals and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Strong involvement in the day to day work of finance, AP and AR.
- Work with the Finance Manager on controlling and reporting on the cashflow.
- Assist in the development of product-level cost and profitability analysis.
- Work with the Finance Manager and Head of Finance to develop regular KPI and profit reporting and analysis for use by key stakeholders across the business.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly Board pack
- Assist the Head of Finance with ad hoc duties and projects
Required Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- Qualified accountant with minimum 2 years PQE
- Commercially aware
- Highly numerate and analytical with excellent attention to detail
- Advanced excel skills including pivot tables, VLook up etc
- Used to dealing with and interpreting large volumes of data
- Ability to liaise with people at all levels across the organisation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast moving environment
Preferred Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- Experience of change management
- Systems and process implementation
- Team player with a proactive and flexible attitude
- Experienced at self-managing and self-motivating
Due to the highly sensitive nature of the work, applicants should note that security clearance is required for this role. To gain security clearance you must have three years continuous residency in the UK. Criminal convictions may prevent you from gaining security clearance. In addition, this role will in require alcohol/drug screening.
Vacancy Reference: EURO378
Hours: 37.5 Hours Per week
Location: All Eurofins Forensic Sites considered in Teddington, Warrington, Wakefield, Culham & Tamworth