Microsoft 365 - Senior Engineer
- Katowice, Poland
Why are we here?
You may not know our name but we can guarantee you know our work – all we do has a positive impact on life, health and the environment.
Eurofins is by your side every day, from the food you eat to the medicines you rely on. We work with the biggest companies in the world, making sure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
As a fast paced growing environment we are looking for natural born leaders that inspire passion in unique individuals and not afraid to take risks in order to achieve goals. Life at Eurofins is a meritocracy, where people are empowered to make decisions and are rewarded for their success. We encourage independent thinkers who challenge the status quo and never accept the market’s or the company’s “usual way of doing things”.
How can you help us?
As a successful candidate you should have deep IT skills, proven professional experience in similar roles and a strong desire to deliver highest-quality results in a demanding setting at the core of our business.
We are looking for a delivery focused IT Infrastructure Engineer to design and lead complex projects in the context of MS Exchange and Office 365 required for supporting corporate operations on technical management. You will be expected to be involved in championing new relevant technologies and in re-build initiatives for existing infrastructure. This is a hands-on role that requires can-do attitude to establish close collaboration with the operations / infrastructure / project teams.
This role is a combination of engineering and architecture responsibilities.
IT Infrastructure Engineer Exchange and Office 365 at Eurofins would be responsible:
- Contribute to the redesign of the MS Exchange environment, in accordance with relevant internal policies and with the target to migrate from on-premise to Exchange online
- Participate to projects for designing and rolling out other Office 365 services like Teams, SharePoint online and OneDrive For Business.
- Office 365 change adopter: evaluate the Office 365 changes published by MS and define the relevant actions/communications required.
- Be involved in the build integrations: from the planning/design phase up to delivery and documentation.
- Cooperate closely with the rest of IT Infrastructure & Operations, Architecture and Security teams.
- Ensure that the performance, scalability, and security are optimized during the design and monitored and managed after delivery to operation.
- Deliver quality documentation allowing for smooth transition of built elements to operations.
- Contribute to bringing Eurofins IT infrastructure to the next maturity level, by ensuring close observance of the policies, rules and processes.
- Hands-on configure and troubleshoot most crucial elements of Eurofins global IT infrastructure.
- Project approach to resolve of technical problems. Troubleshoot occurring issues, getting to the root causes and supporting resolution of the issues found.
- 3rd Line of technical support for Priority 1 incidents.
- Identify, document and promote best practices for IT infrastructure architecture and lead continuous improvement initiatives to drive higher efficiency and performance of the IT Infra services.
Are you our kind of extraordinary?
As an ideal candidate you should have:
- 5 years of experience as Exchange/Office 365 engineer;
- Technically solid in corporate and enterprise scale of infrastructure implementation;
- Proven experience of acting as the expert in infrastructure/operations/project teams;
- Proven creative, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with track record of working directly with senior leadership levels;
- Strong customer focused, team oriented communication skills with emphasis on building lasting, trusted partnerships through written and verbal communications with clients of IT in the business;
- Ability to have fun while working hard in a demanding fluid environment;
- Personally you convince through analytical and conceptual thinking skills and a goal-oriented and pragmatic approach.
- English spoken and written (B2 or above), Master’s degree (Bachelor also acceptable), able to do limited travel.
- Excellent communication with technical leaders.
- Team player.
- Systems Thinking - the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking)
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Detail oriented
- ITIL certification and at least deeper knowledge of a project management method;
- Optional experience as a Project Manager of complex IT Infrastructure projects in a large, preferably international organization;
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English. Additional language skills in German or French are a plus, but not a must.
Multiple locations available:
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff