- Northampton, UK
Eurofins|BLC is a small but growing business specialising in testing and consulting and operates within the Eurofins Softlines and Leather division. Established for a 100 years specialising in leather and products such as footwear, bags and upholstery, we have the technical pedigree and experience to provide targeted, testing and consulting solutions up and down the supply chain.
Eurofins|BLC is part of the Eurofins Scientific group which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
This is a newly created role in Eurofins| BLC and a great opportunity to join the small core Leather Working Group team working with international Auditors and Leather Manufacturers. The successful candidate will be the first data analytics hire and will be integral in shaping the way forward to digitalising our audits. The right candidate will be a hard-working team player, keen to learn new skills whilst getting straight to work on current projects in a challenging yet rewarding environment.
This role will collect, analyse audit data and manage processes and policies for the day to day audit administration for LWG certified leather manufacturers and traders. Whilst identifying areas to increase efficiency and digitalise our processes.
- To manage the day to day audit administration for LWG Project including but not limited to responding to audit enquiries, checking and carrying out peer reviews, issuing of reports and certifications, maintaining audit tracker and monitoring audit expiry dates.
- Maintaining and updating client data on our CRM (Salesforce) and website listings.
- To identify areas to increase efficiency, set up and maintain an automated audit administration process for managing audit data including conversion of audit protocols to Excel
- Supporting the implementation of an API to link internal and external systems
- Create data dashboards, graphs and visualisations.
- Create and prepare reports using internal data and work with the team to find proactive ways of using this data to produce and track key performance indicators
- Support the Audit Co-ordinator with audit scheduling and report administration as required including holiday cover.
- To work closely with the core team and support all additional administrative tasks as and when required.
What we are looking for:
- A degree in environmental science or engineering or data analysis such as computer science, mathematics and statistics or demonstrate several years relevant experience in this field
- Ideally have proven analytical work experience in an international manufacturing environment
- Must have a strong interest in sustainability and manufacturing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work well in a professional manner with all stakeholders internal and external including internationally
- Strong analytical mind and an inclination for problem-solving
- Well organised and excellent attention to detail as quality is core in everything we do
- Proactive and a motivated self-starter
- Competent knowledge of computers is an absolute necessity as you will need:
- Strong SQL or Excel skills with the ability to learn other analytic tools
- MS Office programs including Outlook
- Demonstrate a good level of experience in Looker, Tableau or similar BI tools
- Knowledge of working with CRM’s ideally Salesforce
37.5 hours per week, Competitive FTE Salary £24,000 - £28,000, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Group Pension Scheme, Free Parking and Perkbox Discounts
Background to the LWG Project:
The Leather Working Group Ltd (LWG) is an international group of leather manufacturers (tanneries), brands and suppliers to the leather industry. Our core focus is on driving continuous improvements within the global leather industry, through our audit protocol. Our current membership base is made up of almost 1,000 members and is continuing to grow as the environment and sustainability become more and more important to companies, as well as individuals.