VRL - 3rd Shift Laboratory Technologist
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
VRL Eurofins is the Pre-Transplant Testing division of Eurofins, committed to servicing the transplant community with regional high complexity testing laboratories. Headquartered near Denver, Colorado, with satellite laboratories in or near Los Angeles, Dallas, Boston, Atlanta, and Minneapolis, VRL Eurofins is continuing to expand throughout the United States and is seeking a highly motivated and detail oriented 3rd Shift Laboratory Technologist to work in Philadelphia, PA.
- Following prescribed procedures, performing any of the tests within any of the laboratory specialties. Calculating the results of the tests performed in necessary
- Operating, calibrating, conducting performance checks, and maintaining any laboratory analyzers or equipment
- Recognizing and correcting basic analyzer malfunctions. Notifying management personnel when appropriate
- Preparing reagents or media from a prescribed procedure
- Evaluating media, reagents, and calibrators according to established criteria
- Conducting established quality control procedures on analytical tests, equipment, reagents, media, and products. Evaluating results of quality control and implements corrective action when indicated.
- Review and follow Standard Operating Procedures
- Supports VRL Eurofins business philosophy, leadership values, and ethics
- Meets basic expectations of VRL’s quality management system, including, but not limited to good workmanship, adherence to standard operational procedures, training, good documentation practices, accurate recordkeeping so the company may meet its stated quality policy and objectives.
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, equipment, and techniques of medical technology
- Knowledge of the principles of chemistry, biology, and bacteriology as related to medical technology
- Some knowledge of recent developments in the field of medical technology
- Ability to perform assigned tasks according to prescribed procedures and to make accurate observations and records of tests results
- Skill in the use of medical laboratory equipment.
- Strong organizational and planning skills as well as strong attention to detail.
- Strong and effective written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software programs including accurate keyboarding skills
- Internal & External Customer-Centric Skills
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science, or medical technology from an accredited institution
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, working four 10-hour shifts/week, 10:00 pm-8:30 am including alternating weekend hours. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Philadelphia, PA are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.