- Milpitas, CA 95035, USA
We are a global leader in advanced microscopy, surface analysis and semiconductor testing services of various types of materials from synthetic biomaterials to nanotechnology, deliver new “super materials” with the potential to transform our world. Our laboratories are at the forefront of this revolution, providing the scientific expertise and analytical techniques to support companies at every phase of the product lifecycle, from R&D to manufacturing.
Our clients include leading edge tech companies in a diverse range of industries and business sectors who design, manufacture or incorporate products for tomorrow’s technology driven world. Our scientists and engineers engage in peer-to-peer interaction to discuss and comprehensively understand client issues, challenges, goals and urgency, to define the technical problems, develop and execute analyses, and report back results. We have a growth mindset culture where individuals are encouraged to drive their own success and make their own decisions while fulfilling client needs.
We are seeking a Facilities Engineer to join our team in Milpitas, CA. The ideal candidate will be energetic and enthusiastic and has a strong sense of responsibility.
The Facilities Engineer will responsible for the day to day Facilities and Project Management of our Milpitas laboratory; Coordinating the overall cleanliness and preservation of building office-spaces and comprehensive management of physical workspaces, machinery, labs, grounds, building infrastructure, ancillary support equipment, and systems. Responsible for managing goods and services, construction personnel, outside vendor relations and general project management, HVAC systems support, general statistical tracking of machinery, systems condition, internal customer support, and the accommodation of various departmental needs on a timely and ongoing basis. Overall management of the physical workplace, as well as outside vendor coordination and internal customer satisfaction. Directing the daily activity of services and Integrating the principles of business administration, architecture, and the behavioral and engineering sciences, encompassing multiple disciplines to ensure the functionality of the built environment by integrating people, place, process, and technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and five (5) years of facility management experience and/or training. A combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and equipment manuals.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus
- Knowledge of heating and cooling systems, refrigeration systems, electrical systems, power and hand tools.
- Awareness of local, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations.
- Ability to operate various types sampling and monitoring equipment.
- Radiation safety training may be required.
- Will be required to attend and successfully complete Hazmat and DOT training within 90 days of initial employment.
- Will be required to complete a minimum of eight (8) hours of annual refresher training on rules and regulation of various regulatory entities and company procedures.
- Project and facilities management experience
- Strong ability to multitask under pressure
- Successful in mastering new skills with hands-on experience
- Strength in analyzing, researching, organizing, and problem-solving
- Logistics, shipping, and purchasing experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good current/computer skills
- Customer service oriented
- Likes working in challenging new situations and being part of a team
- Working with management to achieve goals
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.