- Naples, FL, USA
The National Food Lab is a fast-growing company with a vision to be the destination for tailored solutions for the food industry – beginning to end. Our mission is to provide services that help food, beverage, and supplement companies deliver safe, healthy and successful products. We seek to make a positive impact in the advancement of food safety, quality and nutrition, fulfilling our corporate promise – to improve health and improve lives.
The National Food Lab’s best-in-class consumer and sensory research capabilities are the result of the acquisition and combination of two long-standing and respected organizations, the former Food Perspectives, Inc. (Minneapolis, MN) and National Food Lab (Livermore, CA). Using a variety of quantitative and qualitative consumer and sensory research techniques we help our clients make products consumers love. We help our clients:
- Develop new product ideas
- Re-energize a well-established product
- Assess product-concept fit or packaging effectiveness
- Understand the product, brand and category competitive landscapes
- Present objective results to management
The Food Technologist position is Full-Time, 1st Shift position, Candidates within a commutable distance of Naples, FL are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Applies GMP/GLP/FSMA/ HAACP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Under direction, executes bench-top experiments and formulation work, nutritional and component analysis, specification writing, shelf life studies, consumer studies, and/or sensory studies
- Documents work and maintains study documentation and laboratory records
- Supports pilot plant trials; prepares samples for processing, operates processing and/or packaging equipment, and collects data.
- Interfaces with ingredient suppliers; orders ingredients and requests documentation. Prepares packages and sends product samples to clients and outside laboratories for evaluation and testing.
- Assists in writing reports, methods, protocols and SOPs, and make suggestions for modifications in test methods and procedures.
- Keeps updated and educated on relevant news, literature and findings in the industry.
- Networks with individuals outside of Eurofins
- Trains and assists less experienced staff
- Completes all required training courses.
- Learns and demonstrates departmental procedures and policies
- Viewed as a resource across multiple teams
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Sciences degree in Food Science or an allied science is required.
- Adept at cleaning, configuring and maintaining bench and pilot scale food production equipment.
- Must use hearing protection, eye protection, proper footwear, lab coat, hairnets and gloves when necessary.
- Overtime and weekend work as required
- Mandatory immunizations and screening as required
- Will be exposed to potential food allergens
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work! We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.