- Baltimore, MD, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
1. Review completed product safety projects for adequate completeness with respect to our procedures, accreditation requirements and the requirements of safety standards
2. Sign certificates declaring compliance with procedures, accreditation requirements and the requirements of standards
3. Assist with development and management of procedures and processes
4. Assist with training of staff, internal or external
5. Other duties as assigned
· Four-year electrical engineering degree with at least 5 years’ demonstrated relevant product safety experience with a NRTL,
· Additional experience beyond 5 years will be considered in lieu of an electrical engineering degree
· Experience with ordinary location standards to include, but not limited to, UL/CSA/IEC/EN: 60950-1; 62368-1; 61010-1; 60335-1; 60745-1; and, 62841; and/or,
· Experience with medical device standards IEC/EN/AAMI 60601-1; various collateral and particular standards such as UL/CSA/IEC/EN: 60601-1-6; 60601-1-8; 60601-1-11; 60601-2-4; 60601-2-52 (et al.); along with the risk management concepts: ISO 14971; and/or,
· Experience with US, Canadian and international hazardous location product safety standards such as, but not limited to, UL 913, UL 1203, ISA 12.12.01 (UL 121201), and the UL/CSA/IEC/EN 60079-X family of standards: 60079-0; 60079-1; 60079-2; 60079-7; 60079-11; 60079-15; 60079-18; and 60079-28.
· Familiarity with US OSHA NRTL, Canadian SCC CB, IECEE CB Scheme and IECEx Scheme.
· Working knowledge of ISO 17025 and ISO 17065 requirements.
The position can be full-time or part-time, Monday - Friday, with a flexible schedule. The ideal candidate can live anywhere within the United States.
What we offer:
- Excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.