Client Service Account Team Leader
- Plymouth, MN, USA
The National Food Lab is a fast-growing company with a vision to be the destination for tailored solutions for the food industry – beginning to end. Our mission is to provide services that help food, beverage, and supplement companies deliver safe, healthy and successful products. We seek to make a positive impact in the advancement of food safety, quality and nutrition, fulfilling our corporate promise – to improve health and improve lives.
The National Food Lab’s best-in-class consumer and sensory research capabilities are the result of the acquisition and combination of two long-standing and respected organizations, the former Food Perspectives, Inc. (Minneapolis, MN) and National Food Lab (Livermore, CA). Using a variety of quantitative and qualitative consumer and sensory research techniques we help our clients make products consumers love. We help our clients:
· Develop new product ideas
· Re-energize a well-established product
· Assess product-concept fit or packaging effectiveness
· Understand the product, brand and category competitive landscapes
· Present objective results to management
The following is a list of key job responsibilities. This list is not exhaustive and additional tasks may be available as business needs dictate.
- Build and maintain superior customer relationships for satisfaction, loyalty and business growth.
- Design and recommend customized research solutions using The National Food Lab tools and capabilities.
- Manage project and account level financial results including revenue, project profitability and win/loss rates.
- Set clear expectations with client and manage project scope changes and cost implications to the client in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with other units without our division, such as objective sensory, product development, processing and pilot plants, chemistry, etc., to deliver the best integrated research and development approach.
- Provide research execution teams with the design specifications necessary for efficient development of quality test materials, field work, and analysis.
- Interpret research results, write Power Point reports, and present insights and implications to the client.
- Works directly with direct reports as their critical thinking partner:
- Evaluates test design and cost estimates for sound design, execution, and financial assumptions (anticipate and prevent defects).
- Review final reports to be clear and actionable.
- Continuous review of methodologies and processes, championing new capabilities and/or looking for opportunities to improve efficiency, quality, safety and employee performance.
- Five + years of experience in a related field, including sensory or marketing research and new food product development.
- Preferred candidate would have 5+ years of consumer research experience with a major food manufacturer and marketer.
- Bachelor degree in a marketing, scientific, business or related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Advanced degrees preferred.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work! We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds (50 lbs. with assistance).
- The employee must have the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.