Quality & Safety Compliance Coordinator
- Livingston, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Working hours are Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm with occasional weekend work.
To support the Laboratory Management and site team in progressing Quality and Health and Safety compliance and best practice ensuring that robust systems are in place to implement policies and procedures creating a safe and compliant place of work for our colleagues. To assist in the auditing and maintenance of Quality and Health and Safety practices.
Health and Safety
- Management of risk assessments.
- Management of COSHH documentation and the control of chemicals.
- Local laboratory Health and Safety champion.
- Prepare and control emergency procedures.
- Maintaining the laboratory Quality documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring all equipment records, calibration & monitoring is carried out by relevant laboratory staff and that appropriate records are maintained.
- Provide training to laboratory staff in equipment calibration and ongoing monitoring procedures.
- Ensure any internal/external proficiency programs are conducted and reported accurately.
- Maintain internal quality control systems.
- To manage and maintain all approvals and accreditations.
- Manage all internal and external audit processes.
- Documentation control and management for Quality and Health and Safety systems.
- Maintain and manage action logs for all compliance activities.
- Management of non-conformances and incident logs.
- Carrying out test method, system, HSE audits and ensuring all audit programs are adhered to.
- Conduct new colleague Quality and Health and Safety inductions.
- IOSH Managing Safety.
- Degree of equivalent in relevant subject.
- Working knowledge of either Food Microbiology, Environmental Microbiology Testing, Chemical Testing or clinical diagnostics in laboratories accredited to ISO17025.
- Minimum 3 years laboratory experience.
- Computer literate in Excel and word.
- Self-motivated & committed.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well as an individual and as part of a team.
- Honest and approachable.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate & work with all levels of the business.
- Flexible approach to working.
- Passion for safety and those around them.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.