Environmental Health and Safety Officer
- Malvern, PA 19355, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Monitor compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, policies and procedures governing occupational and environmental safety
- Implement and maintain shared systems for EHS management
- Evaluate loss trends and communicate EHS metrics to business leaders
- Conduct EHS inspections and audits for the local businesses and provide preventative and corrective support.
- Review incident investigations and provide direct support where warranted
- Assist with Industrial Hygiene monitoring
- Serves as an advisor to supervisory personnel on all safety related matters
- Attend safety meetings to provide support to local EHS staff
- Participate in monthly divisional safety meetings
- Work with the locations to reduce workers compensation costs, including assisting with accident investigations and preparing report analysis on accident statistics to find root cause.
- Additional responsibilities will be assigned as business needs dictate
- Cross training in other aspects of the department as business needs dictate
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- B.S in Occupation Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related field. Equivalent experience directly related to EHS duties can substitute for a degree
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Malvern, PA; Spring House, PA; and Raritan, NJ are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.