- Livingston, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Scientist to join our COVID Testing site in Livingston on a full time basis on a 9 month Fixed Term Contract.
This is an excellent opportunity for a professional with good organizational skills and ability to work in a team to help continue the development of our company. In return, we provide an excellent working environment with a negotiable salary.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Technical and scientific oversight of all aspects of COVID testing on site.
- Oversee and manage validation and scientific aspects of implementation of new or revised laboratory processes.
- Ensure that the ongoing quality of the scientific test data is of a high standard with a focus on minimising rework requirements.
- Responsible for quality control review process to ensure that all reported results meet the required standards and to interpret results where needed making any necessary recommendations.
- Troubleshooting of technical and scientific issues arising in the lab.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement through scientific and technical innovation.
- Develop the technical knowledge of operational teams to improve their skill and operational effectiveness through effective training and coaching.
- Maintain close and ongoing communications with Lead Scientists at all Eurofins UK NHS testing sites to ensure sharing of relevant scientific and technical issues and innovation ideas .
- Provide scientific and technical training and support as required for analysts and others within the team.
- Providing input into maintaining policies and procedures, review and update as required.
- Work to ensure UKAS compliance within the laboratory, including documentation and equipment management.
We look for people who believe in what we believe in – people who enjoy coming to work each day and being part of a team.
- HCPC registration as a biomedical or clinical scientist
- Some infection sciences experience, including awareness of health and safety requirements
- Masters degree or above in Molecular based science
- PCR experience
- Operations management experience within clinical diagnostics would be an advantage
- High level of attention to detail and ability to formulate and follow standard operating procedures
- Good communication skills with an ability to explain information to a variety of key stakeholders
- Flexible approach with a willingness to provide support & guidance to a busy laboratory team and to less experienced staff
- Experience of training staff and formulating required documentation
- Experience of recording and reporting on various KPI’s to inform improvement
- Able to troubleshoot if needed and inform on business continuity processes
- Experience of working in a UKAS accredited laboratory and in a high throughput laboratory
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Commitment to providing a high quality pathology service
- Adhere to and display the Eurofins values of Customer Service, Quality, Competence & Team Spirit and Integrity
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.