Administrator - Fixed Term Contract Until June 2021
- Livingston, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Please note working hours are 4 on, 4 off, 10hr shifts.
To support and assist the site Covid testing team with administrative duties. The Covid team is a high throughput laboratory specialising in Covid testing.
- Support the Covid laboratory team with administration duties
- Receipting submissions through our laboratory information management system (LIMS)
- Perform housekeeping duties including sample archiving, laboratory cleaning and maintenance of equipment, destruction and disposal of swabs and virus plates
- Adhere to SOP’s, work instructions and EFS Quality Management system (QMS) at all times ensuring good laboratory practice(GLP) is followed
- Report any non-conformances using local and company quality systems
- Take a proactive approach to Continuous Improvement (CI) within all aspects of the day to day role; striving to improve output and the efficiency of activities carried out across the laboratory and office
- Monitor stock levels ensuring that it is communicated immediately if consumables fall below base level
- Take proactive responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and your colleagues
- Communicate effectively to team members to ensure a smooth flow of work through the laboratory process.
- Work in accordance with Eurofins values of customer focus, competence and team spirit, quality and integrity
We look for people who believe in what we believe in – people who enjoy coming to work each day and being part of a team.
- Previous administration experience is an advantage
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with a laboratory information management system would be an advantage
- High level of attention to detail and ability to follow standard operating procedures
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Must have integrity and a strong attitude to quality
- Well developed interpersonal skills and team working abilities
- Good communication skills with ability to communicate technical information accurately in a variety of forms
- Adhere to and display the Eurofins values
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.