Laboratory Analyst - Fixed Term Contract Until June 2021
- Livingston, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Please note working hours are 10hr shifts on a 4 days on, 4 days off basis.
The purpose of this role is to support Eurofins in delivering high quality Covid-19 test results across the UK. As an Analyst you will carry out high throughput Covid testing, working flexibly and communicating effectively to deliver results within contractual turnaround times and to the highest quality standards.
Full training will be provided.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Processing samples for the presence of SARs-CoV-2 RNA using a range of specialist techniques and technologies. To include
- Receipt of samples
- High-throughput processing of swabs in a safety cabinet environment.
- Use of automated extraction instruments to extract Sars-Cov-2 RNA
- Reporting of results through a laboratory management system
- Setting up of analytical tests
- Producing stock reagent solutions
- Involvement in the validation of new processes, technical improvement projects and implementation of new technologies.
- Following Health and Safety policies and ensuring the safety of yourself and colleagues at all times
- Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and Locally controlled documents are adhered to and seek to challenge procedures where there is an opportunity to improve.
- Undertake your daily role in accordance with the Eurofins values of customer focus, integrity, competence and team spirit.
- Previous work experience within a high throughput, highly regulated environment is an advantage
- Experience within an environment which requires advanced manual dexterity would be beneficial
- Experience in a Biological Science discipline is an advantage
- Experience operating automated laboratory equipment would be an advantage
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Team player with good communication skills
- Willing to work flexibly to meet customer requirements and deliver results on time
- Good level of attention to detail, with the ability to follow clearly laid our processes time after time
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.